What you’ll be doing
As an IT Consultant, you will be working in partnerships with clients, advising them on how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
This role will consist of a reasonable amount of travelling and so the successful candidate must be prepared to stay away from home if required during weekdays, depending on the location of the customer’s site.
- Work with clients to determine requirements and define the scope of a project, including the timescales required and resources needed to complete
- Implementation of projects, this could be on-site or remote, depending on the project or customer needs
- Travelling to customer sites
- Liaising with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as our internal sales team
- The role is hands-on, so you must be comfortable working autonomously
The skills you’ll need
- Competent and experienced with various types of IT hardware and software including Servers, switches, and firewalls
- Knowledge and experience in migrating businesses to cloud technologies such as Microsoft 365 using Teams, SharePoint and Exchange Online.
- Experience with both Microsoft and Third-Party migration toolsets such as Mover and Bittitan
- Office 365 tenant-to-tenant migrations
- Experience with Microsoft Server Hyper-V or VMware…or ideally both!
- Experience with scoping and implementing IT solutions.
- Experience with Intune desirable
- Microsoft Windows Server implementation and administration to include AD, GPO, RDS, etc
- Good networking knowledge and solid understanding of switches, firewalls, TCP/IP and routing.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills – you are working directly with our clients, alongside our team of consultants, or within a client team
- Comfortable dealing with Microsoft operating systems and an ability to diagnose and resolve issues with these.
- Comfortable liaising with clients, both in-person and remotely (calls, video, emails etc.)
What we offer
- Competitive Salary, dependant on experience
- 20 days annual leave plus 10 personal days and an extra half day off on your birthday
- Employee Wellness programmes including puppy therapy, yoga mornings and a weekly wellness bar
- Workplace Pension
- Day off each year to work with a charity of your choice
- Subsidised on-site Kitchen with an incredible chef offering breakfast and lunch every day whilst working at HQ