Configuration Centre Technician
Established in June 2000, Storm has grown from strength to strength as a focused IT value-added reseller. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service to our customers in corporate and public sector organisations.
As an IT solutions provider, storm delivers best-of-breed solutions, from hardware and software to networking, cloud and support services, we deliver a first-class service and enjoy multi-vendor partnerships, awards and accolades.
With a growing team across account management, pre-sales, solutions and technical expertise, we work hard every day to retain our impressive portfolio of private and public sector clients.
What you’ll be doing
Key responsibilities and accountabilities as a Hardware Build / Deployment Engineer will include;
- Imaging Desktop Computers
- Imaging Laptop Computers
- Installing Operating Systems on Servers
- Installing upgrade parts
- Asset Tagging and recording/scanning device details
- Enrolling mobile devices into mobile device management
- Troubleshooting laptop / desktop faults
- Intune pre-provisioning
- Verifying, documenting, and chasing information relating to tickets
The skills you’ll need
We are looking for someone with experience of various Hardware, Windows, Desktop, Laptop, RAM and imaging machines. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be professional and show enthusiasm. You will be working in a highly dynamic environment where you can build a long-term career and will receive professional training.
Ideally, someone with 6 months of experience in a Hardware Build / Deployment role and someone that also possess good commercial experience in basic IT infrastructure.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively
- Able to learn quickly from examples
- Can work off own initiative
- Installing windows OS on multiple device types
- Installing Desktop & Laptop upgrade parts such as RAM and SSD’s
- Imaging machines (SCCM, Acronis, MDT and WDS)
- 6 months plus commercial experience
What we offer
- Competitive Salary dependant on experience, working Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
- 20 days annual leave plus 10 personal days and an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Employee Wellness programmes including puppy therapy, yoga mornings and a weekly wellness bar
- Workplace Pension
- Day off each year to work with a charity of your choice
- Subsidised Kitchen over at our HQ with an incredible chef offering breakfast and lunch every day
Storm Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we are committed to being a welcoming, successful, and compassionate workplace for all employees. The workforce at Storm is diverse and the environment inclusive.