Established in June 2000, Storm has grown from strength to strength as a focused IT value-added reseller. Our aim is to deliver exceptional service to our customers in corporate and public sector organisations.
As an IT solutions provider, storm delivers best-of-breed solutions, from hardware and software to networking, cloud and support services, we deliver a first-class service and enjoy multi-vendor partnerships, awards and accolades.
With a growing team across account management, pre-sales, solutions and technical expertise, we work hard every day to retain our impressive portfolio of private and public sector clients.
What you’ll be doing
As a Frontend developer you will work as part of a cross-discipline development team to build a bespoke Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software system to support the growing business. Our ERP supports multiple departments of the company including Sales, Warehouse, Buildroom, Logistics and Finance.
- You'll be a Frontend Engineer for our ERP modules. You will be able to take ownership and bring new ideas to implement in our main application built with Vue JS, GraphQL and NuxtJS.
- Design and implement scalable solutions, as well as build high-quality products that work best for our users.
- Deliver features regularly, be comfortable with ambiguity, pushing for code quality while practically balancing pace vs perfection.
- Work within a cross-functional product team, collaborating with the whole team to identify and create user-centric products.
The skills you’ll need
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background as a frontend developer. Experience working in an IT reseller organisation would be a bonus
- Good communication skills are a must-have, with a personal drive to succeed
- Excellent HTML & CSS skills, ideally familiarity with Tailwind CSS
- Some knowledge of GraphQL & apollo would be helpful
- A good sense of clean design and an ability to turn mock-ups into user interfaces that make relatively complicated tasks seem easy
The below skills would also be an added bonus
- Experience writing tests using Jest or similar
- Experience with monorepos (we use Lerna)
- Understanding of basic DevOps – configuring builds, deployments, environment variables and staging environments
- Any experience with creating a mobile application to use alongside their software
- Any experience with VMware, AWS or Azure
What we offer
- Competitive Salary, dependant on experience working Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- 20 days annual leave plus 6 personal days and an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Employee Wellness programmes including puppy therapy, yoga mornings and a weekly wellness bar
- Workplace Pension
- Day off each year to work with a charity of your choice
- Subsidised on-site Kitchen with an incredible chef offering breakfast and lunch every day
- Dependant on experience, after passing probation a hybrid working option of 2 days WFH per week can be offered
Storm Technologies is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and we are committed to being a welcoming, successful, and compassionate workplace for all employees. The workforce at Storm is diverse and the environment inclusive.